Thanks for popping by. Freight Filter is a start-up and a team at the cutting edge of shipping – one of the largest industries in the world. We are looking for an experienced Python developer to work on our logistics platform. We are a fast developing UK startup based in London and Essex but this is a completely remote role.
To find out more about what it’s like to work at Freight Filter click here
What you’ll be working on:
You will be leading the development on a new section of our industry-leading system for pricing and managing international shipping. You will be in charge of architecting a API and Web App. You will need to work with colleagues from operations and other departments to understand business requirements and fully define the detailed specifications and collaborate with the CTO and existing Development Team.
What we are looking for in you:
Someone who is excited about working on challenging problems with a passion for code and developing software. You will also need:
practical experience in designing software architecture that does not rely solely on frameworks.
experience of managing a small development team using Agile methodologies.
What we are offering:
This will start as an experienced developer role with a competitive base salary and bonuses based on performance.
Key skills and experience:
- Considerable experience of web back end development
- Experience in Python
- Knowledge of Django
- Experience working with PostgresSQL and PGsql
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English (We collaborate and conduct our team meetings over Hangouts so it is important that you would be happy working this way)
- Knowledge of Git
- Experience of automated testing
- A good understanding of the principles of Agile development
Desirable skills and experience:
- Knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of CSS
- Knowledge of the Heroku platform
- Experience developing testing strategies for applications that have hard to test structures
- Experience setting up build and deployment systems
If this sounds like you send us an email: email@example.com